DMARC

Home Platform DMARC Record Generator

DMARC Record Generator

Use this tool to generate your DMARC record

Invalid domain name


TAGTAG DESCRIPTION
vThe version tag. The only allowed value is "DMARC1". If it's incorrect or the tag is missing, the DMARC record will be ignored.
pThe DMARC policy. Allowed values are “none”, “quarantine”, or “reject”. The default is “none,” which takes no action against non-authenticated emails. It only helps collect DMARC reports and gain insight into your current email flows and their authentication status. "Quarantine" marks the failed emails as suspicious, while "reject" blocks them.
spThe subdomain policy. The subdomain inherits the domain policy tag explained above, unless specifically defined here. Like the domain policy, the allowed values are "none," "quarantine," or "reject." This option isn't widely used nowadays.
pctThe percentage tag. This tag works on domains with "quarantine" or "reject" policy only. It marks the percentage of failed emails a given policy should be applied to. The rest falls under a lower policy. For example, if "pct=70," on a domain with "quarantine" policy, it applies only 70% of the time. The remaining 30% goes under "p=none". Similarly, if "p=reject" and "pct=70," "reject" applies to the 70% of failed emails, and the 30% go into "quarantine."
ruaAggregate report sending destination.It's the "mailto:" URI that ISPs use to send failure reports.The tag is optional. But you need to use it if you wish to receive the reports.
rufForensic (Failure) report sending destination. It's the "mailto:" URI that ISPs use to send failure reports.The tag is optional. But you need to use it if you wish to receive the reports.
riReporting interval. Marks the frequency of receivied XML reports in seconds. The default is 86400 (once a day). Change the default if you want to adjust the reporting frequency. Regardless of set interval in most cases ISPs may send the reports at different intervals (usually once a day).
aspfThe SPF alignment. This tag follows the alignment between the SPF domain (the sender) and the Header From domain. Allowed values are “r” (relaxed) or “s” (strict). “r” is the default, and allows a partial match, while the "s" tag requires the domains to be exactly the same.
adkimThe DKIM signature alignment. This tag follows the alignment between the DKIM domain and the parent Header From domain. Allowed values are “r” (relaxed) or “s” (strict). “r” is the default, and allows a partial match, while the "s" tag requires the domains to be the exact same.
foForensic reporting options. Allowed values are "0," "1," "d," and "s." "0" is the default value, which generates a forensic report when both SPF and DKIM fail to produce an aligned pass. If either of the protocol outcome is something other than pass, use "1." "d" generates a report when DKIM is invalid, while "s" does the same for SPF. Define the ruf tag to receive forensic reports.

What is DMARC Record Generator?

The DMARC Record Generator allows you to create your DMARC Record ready to be published on your DNS so that you’re able to gain valuable insights on who is abusing your domain.

EasyDMARC’s DMARC Generator guides you through each step of the process, including explanation.

Use DMARC Record Generator, if you want to:

  • Create DMARC TXT record and publish it in DNS
  • Read about all DMARC's terms to easily configure DMARC Record
  • Validate if DMARC record's text corresponds to the specification before publishing it in DNS

How to generate DMARC record

  • Select the policy that you’d like to be applied to you domain (More about policies here)
  • Select the Failure reporting option (Fo) (More on that here)
  • Other optional steps:
    • You can add other email addresses to receive DMARC reports in the "Reports send to" fields.(Optional)
    • Set your SPF or DKIM identifier alignment to strict
    • Chose a percentage for the applied policy
  • Generate a DMARC record and update it in your DNS zone

How to use the DMARC Record Generator?

Head to EasyDMARC and click on DMARC from the tools section then DMARC generator and follow our guide.

How to implement a DMARC record on your domain?

Once the record has been generated, copy it and head to the DNS zone of your domain. Add a new TXT or CNAME record and paste the provided record. Note: With the majority of DNS providers
(ex. GoDaddy) the domain part will be added automatically in the Host/Name field so adding only _dmarc is enough.

DMARC record format

The format for the DMARC record is TXT or CNAME (for Hosted DMARC)

Want to simplify the implementation and monitoring?

Start Free Trial