Create a Valid SPF Record in a Second
EasyDMARC’s SPF Record Generator is a free online service that allows you to quickly and easily generate a valid SPF record. With just a few simple steps, you can create a customized SPF record that will protect your domain infrastructure from spoofing.
Generating the record with EasyDMARC’s SPF Record Generator is super simple. Just enter your domain and click “Generate.” While you can finetune all the components before generating the record, you don’t have to. This means that using the tool is easy both for beginners and experts alike.
Setting up a valid SPF record is the first step of email authentication. So, get started with our SPF Record Generator and find yourself one step closer to DMARC compliance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is EasyDMARC’s SPF Record Generator?
Our SPF Record Generator tool allows you to create a valid SPF record. Generally, SPF provides mechanisms, qualifiers, and modifiers to allow domain administrators to specify IP addresses in a highly flexible way. Our SPF Record Generator tool was designed to make this process fast and easy. Read more about how to create an SPF record here.
How Is an SPF Record Structured?
An SPF record has a list of tags and values. The structure of an SPF record looks like this:
It should always start with version v=spf1, and it should always end with all tags.
An SPF record is composed of four parts.
- The first is a version identifier that tells the receiving mail server what version of SPF is being used.
- The second is a list of mechanisms, which are the different parts of the SPF record that determine how a mail server should handle mail sent from a given email address.
- The third part is a list of modifiers, which determine how the server should handle mail if it comes from an IP address or domain name that is not on the list of mechanisms.
- Finally, the fourth part is the all mechanism, which is the default action for mail that does not match any other mechanisms in the record.
How To Generate an SPF Record?
To generate a functioning SPF record, you need to define what sources you are going to use for sending emails on behalf of your domain. Once specified, you should include those sources in your SPF record.
While you can create the record manually if you know the syntax rules, it’s always easier to use an SPF record generator to do it fast and without errors.
Once the record is generated, add it to your domain's DNS zone through your domain provider's control panel.
If you’re using EasyDMARC’s Managed DMARC solution, you won’t even need to leave our dashboard.
How To Publish a Generated SPF Record in DNS?
The SPF record is a TXT record, so you need to publish it in your DNS as a TXT record as follows:
- Navigate to the DNS for your desired domain
- Create a new TXT Record
- Write the name of the domain in the “Host” field
- Enter the generated SPF record in the “Value” or “Target” column
What Are the Limitations of an SPF Record?
The SPF record has several limitations:
- 10 DNS lookup limit. If you exceed this limit, it will result in a permerror.
- No prevention of the From: address spoofing attacks.
- No reporting to evaluate your SPF “health.”