SPF Record Generator
Use this tool to generate your SPF record.
What is EasyDMARC’s SPF Record Generator?
Our SPF Record Generator tool allows you to generate an SPF record. Generally, SPF provides mechanisms, qualifiers, and modifiers to allow domain administrators to specify IP addresses in a highly flexible way. Our SPF Record Generator tool was designed to make this process fast and easy.
How is an SPF Record Structured?
An SPF record has a list of tags and values. It should always start with version v=spf1, and it should always end with all tags.
How to Generate an SPF Record?
For the SPF record to be completely created, you need to define what sources you are going to use for sending emails on behalf of your domain. You need to specify all those sources in your SPF record.
How to Publish a Generated SPF Record in DNS?
The SPF record is a TXT record, so you need to publish it in your DNS as a TXT record as follows:
- Navigate to the DNS for your desired domain.
- Create a new TXT Record.
- Write the name of the domain as the Host.
- Enter the SPF record that you have already created in the “Value” or “Target” column.
What are the Limitations of the SPF Record?
The SPF record has several limitations:
- 10 DNS lookup limit. If you exceed this limit, it will result in a permerror.
- No prevention of the From: address spoofing attacks.
- No reporting to evaluate your SPF “health.”